Increase WordPress Speed – Do You Want To Load WordPress Website Faster And Rank higher?
A slow WordPress site speed will prove detrimental to your business. It would only frustrate visitors and ensure that they never visit again which would lead to lost visitors and conversions. The fact is that website speed is a ranking factor that you cannot overlook. Besides, its importance is growing every year. If you have a WordPress site and want to know about the importance of improving its speed, you have come to the right place.
The best way to improve the performance of your WordPress website is by improving page speed. The main reason why you need to focus on speed is that it is one of the most important metrics that search engines like Google value. Both search engines and visitors prioritize speed. Hence, you cannot overlook its importance.
We live in a time when users have become increasingly impatient. As digital competition increases, only those WordPress websites will succeed that offer a fast speed. Not only can it help improve the retention rate, but it can help boost your Google search engine ranking. This post takes a close look at everything you need to know about WordPress page speed.
New research by Google has found that 53% of mobile website visitors will leave if a webpage doesn’t load within three seconds!
Why Is WordPress Website Speed Even Important?
Did you know that ongoing scientific studies have shown that between 2000 and 2016, the average human attention span dropped from 12 seconds to 7 seconds?
This means that as a website owner you have a very short time to show users your content and convince them to stay on your website.
According to a StrangeLoop case study that involved Amazon, Google, and other larger sites, a 1 second delay in page load time can lead to 7% loss in conversions, 11% fewer page views, and 16% decrease in customer satisfaction.
In terms of SERPS placement, Google and other search engines have already started penalizing slower websites by pushing them down in the search results which means lower SERPs ratings for slow websites, regardless of how great and well optimized their content might be.
There are a variety of reasons why speed is important. The following are some of the most important reasons that will make you realize why you must work towards making improvements.
- Visitor Experience – Nobody enjoys waiting for a page to load. It is something that everyone can agree with. Besides, as there are already many websites that load within a second, visitors will not wait longer for a webpage to load. According to Google, around 53 percent of visitors leave a webpage if it takes more than 3 seconds to load. This means that if your website takes longer to load, more visitors would leave. A webpage that fails to load properly would guarantee that visitors never come back.
- Search Engines – Search engines have made one thing clear and it is the fact that website speed is one of the most important factors when ranking a website. The main purpose of a search engine is to help users find a website that provides the information they require without taking too much time to load. As speed influences the experience, it is a top priority for search engines. Thus, websites that focus on speed would benefit from a higher search engine ranking.
- Ecommerce – Google has also found that a 0.1-second improvement in website speed can increase conversion rates by as much as 8.4 percent. This means that even a millisecond counts when shoppers are considering purchasing something. Online stores must dedicate their resources towards improving speed more than any other website type due to the finding. It shows that shoppers load more product pages if the webpage speed is fast. It would ensure that there is a higher chance of customers filling up their shopping carts. Hence, it is safe to say that speed can help boost sales.
How Can You Check WordPress Page Speed?
Now that you know more about WordPress page speed, chances are that you are wondering how you can check the speed of your website. It is important that you know how your website performs in order to identify how you can improve speed. This is where WordPress page speed testing tools come in handy. They provide valuable insights into speed and performance. The following are some of the best WordPress page speed testing tools that you need to use.
- Web Page Test – An excellent WordPress page speed checker that you can use is Web Page Test. It is available for free and offers a detailed report of the factors that influence speed. The tool also offers separate scores for First Byte Time, security, and many other factors. The reason why you should use it is that it tells you the exact amount of time it takes for a webpage to load down to the millisecond.
- Google Page Speed Insights – A powerful tool that you can use to identify your WordPress page speed and determine major flaws that impact load time is Google Page Speed Insights. It is possibly the best tool that you can use to figure out where you can improve. The tool offers a score and suggests problem areas on the website that you must improve. However, it does not clearly define the specific speed.
- Pingdom – Pingdom is a good option for casual users and developers alike who want a simple way to test the desktop version of their site. It manages to do a great job of making the results accessible to beginners and giving advanced users plenty of helpful data if they want it.
- GTMetrix – GTMetrix is an amazing tool that you can use to take a look at the full picture. It is a free optimization plugin that runs from within the website. It reveals two separate scores which include ones that Google Page Speed Insights also covers and YSlow which is a metric that analyzes mobile performance. As it provides a ton of information, you have to leverage it to learn more about your WordPress website page speed. You can even use it to compare data to identify problem areas and find ways to fix them.
- Google Mobile Speed Test – Google’s free Mobile Speed Test tool offers a really easy way to test what your site’s experience will be like for mobile visitors. All you do is plug in your site’s URL. Then, Google will tell you how long your site took to load using a mobile device and simulating a 4G connection.
Besides, there are other free webpage speed tools you can refer to are:
How Can You Increase WordPress Page Speed?
- Select a Fast Webhost – The easiest way to amplify the speed of your WordPress webpages is by selecting a fast webhost. The fact is that the web hosting company you select has a huge influence on the speed of your website. There are plenty of companies to choose from. Hence, you must consider all your options before committing to one. Always go with a webhost that caters to WordPress websites. It will ensure that you receive the best hosting service for the fastest site speeds.
- Optimize Media Files – The next thing that you need to do to increase WordPress website speed is to optimize media files. Videos and images are a huge part of a website. However, they impact load time as they are heavy files. But, you can easily optimize the files sizes to boost speed. Make sure that the file size of images is under 150kb. A compression tool will help you shrink the image files. As for videos, it is best that you avoid hosting them yourself. Instead, you should leave that to YouTube or Vimeo and simply embed the video on the website. It will save server resources and amp up the page loading speed.
- Select a Lightweight Theme – A great tip that will help boost WordPress webpage speed is selecting a lightweight theme. Most newbies have a misconception that they should select a template that offers maximum capabilities and is highly dynamic. However, it could not be further from the truth. What you need to do instead is choose a minimal theme. A minimalist design approach will ensure that you focus on delivering the best experience to users.
- Avoid a lot of Plugins – In addition to the above, you also need to make sure that you do not use a lot of plugins. Although plugins are amazing and add a ton of features to the website, you must ensure that there are not too many of them. Each plugin uses resources and slows down the website. The more plugins you use the slower your website would become. Hence, it is in your best interests to use only those plugins that are necessary and delete the rest. Moreover, you should never install a plugin that you do not need.
- Use a Caching Plugin – The next tip that you should consider is using a caching plugin. Caching is an integral process that enables the website to make a copy of the webpage. It means that the webpage would only load once and it would not need to load from scratch the next time the same visitor views the website. A caching plugin will help you make things easier for visitors. There is no shortage of caching plugins. It is best that you use a caching, backup, and security plugin.
- Disable and Delete Revisions – Every website has to update content to ensure that it is relevant. In order to do this, you must be able to go back and make changes to the post. It is something that must be done periodically. If there is one thing that one must keep in mind, it is the fact that WordPress saves old versions as revision. Although it allows you to revert to the old content with ease, you do not need as many old versions of the same content as they would only occupy space. Therefore, you must restrict the number of revisions stored to reduce the space occupied.
According to Google search results here are number of visitors goes to a website (approximately):
- 30% of searchers go to #1.
- 12% go to #2
- 8% go to #3.
- 7% to #4
- 6% to %5
- 4% to #6
- 3 to #7
- 2.5 to #8
- 1.5 to #9
- 2.5 to #10.
Top of page 2 would be good for those that get thousands a month.
Page 3 would be for those that get ten thousand a month… 0.3% of 10,000 is 30 visitors. So, you’re getting only a couple of hundred visitors a month!
Sure, less site visitors means less monetization!
Personally, I wouldn’t. but, with that said, why would anyone want to focus their efforts on sites that only get a few clicks per day. Most of this type of site will probably be gone in the near future anyway!
So can you now understand how much page load speed is concern for you?
Increase WordPress Speed Plugins | Speed Up Your WordPress Site!
Here are some well-known WordPress plugins to optimize your website.
- Asset CleanUp
- AMP For WP
- BJ Lazy Load
- Cache Enabler
- Compress JPEG & PNG Images
- EWWW Image Optimizer
- WP Super Cache
- W3 Total Cache
- WP Super Minify
- WP Smush
- WP Rocket
- WP User Avatar
10 Tips to Increase WordPress Website Speed
Here are 10 Tips to quickly increase your WordPress website speed!
- Choose the Right Web Hosting Provider
- Opt for a Lightweight WordPress Framework or Theme
- Reduce Image Sizes
- Minify CSS and JS Files
- Use a CDN
- Enable GZIP Compression
- Cleanup the WordPress Database
- Uninstall or Deactivate Plugins
- Keep External Scripts to a Minimum
- Disable Trackbacks and Pingbacks
When you want to create an amazing WordPress website and then launch an online e-commerce store, you need to know that your website is going to be fast and easy for your customers. If it is not, then there is a good chance that people will leave before they even have time to check out and buy something! That’s why we recommended caching plugins for you. You will not be able to build a great site without making sure that it loads quickly and is easy to use!
The great thing is that most caching plugins are free, so you can try them out to see which one works best for you and your website. They are easy to install, but more important than that, they will help your website load much faster. Before, you would have to wait for your website to load even if it was a simple shopping cart page. Now, you can configure a caching plugin and have the site loaded in minutes. The results are amazing and the page speed is incredible!
Increase WordPress Speed | Pro Service of Speed Guarantee!
Unfortunately still in some cases it is hard to understand and implement these speed hacks! So I find one service which takes guarantee to speed up and load your WordPress website under 3 seconds and this package comes with 30 days money back guarantee!
Increase WordPress Speed is a amazing SEO product that will increase the WordPress Website Speed of sites to rank higher in Search Engines as Google. Your customers will thank you for it. Works for any E-Marketing niche, including SEO, Affiliate Marketing, E-Commerce, PPC and more.
This product has guarantee to increase your Google PageSpeed score 90+ for desktop and 70+ for mobile to rank higher on Google and get higher conversions.
Here are product details:
|Website loadtime||1-3 Seconds|
|Google Pagespeed Desktop||90+|
|Google Pagespeed Mobile||70+|
|Guarantee||Not satisfied, money back|
|Delivery Method||By email|